Tuesday 5 January 2016

A Winters Tale Day 2

DAY 2
Design Work Underway

From my past designs I choose the best 3 designs to develop, creating a computerised version of my sets I could start the see the visualisations in my head and how they would compose into the venue. 

CREATED USING AUTO-CAD

CREATED USING AUTO-CAD

CREATED USING AUTO-CAD
In this design I have decided to set it in the round. With audience on all four sides and the staging set on various levels allowing a transformation from scene to scene and showing different character roles.












The design of this set is in a thrust format. The audience on three sides of the stage. Stage set on 4 different levels again can show progression of characters within the directed piece. In initial ideas is thinking of using a revolve set within the stage.  









An end on/thrust theatre setting where the cross between the stage and audience could be lost. The stage having a typical shakespearean setting but including the technology of a revolve placed within the stage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment